Our Church Ministries
|Short Term Mission Team
"It was he who gave some
to be apostles, some to be
prophets, some to be
evangelists, and some to
be pastors and teachers, to
prepare God's people for
works of service, so that the
body of Christ may be built
up until we all reach unity in
the faith and in the
knowledge of the Son of
God and become mature,
attaining to the whole
measure of the fullness of
Ephesians 4:11-13 (NIV)
Buchanan Park Free Methodist Church Hamilton ON
|Sunday Morning Worship Service
|We gather together each Sunday morning at 10:30 a.m. to worship God. We express
our love and gratitude to God in a variety of ways. We want our worship to reflect our
desire for greater intimacy with God through Christ. We want to be open to the work of
the Holy Spirit in our lives. We sing His praise. We pray for one another and seek God's
will through His Word and the work of His Spirit. We want everything we do in worship
to bring God glory.
What to Expect When Worshipping With Us at Buchanan Park Church?
- A warm, family friendly group of imperfect people seeking to know God better
- A Loving Community that wants to Worship God Together
- Encouragement, Inspiration, Joy, Hope, Laughter, Comfort & Challenge
- A good balance of inspiring, God honouring hymns and praise songs
- A Sunday school program for children that runs concurrently with our service
- A Biblically based, practical message that edifies Christ and helps us in our
walk with God.
Communion: We celebrate the Lord's Supper on the first Sunday of each month.
We believe that small groups provide us with a great opportunity to grow in Christ,
experience greater community with others, and find more empowerment to live out
what we believe as Christ followers. We encourage small group participation, in
keeping with our Methodist heritage, because it is one of the best ways we know to
deepen our relationship with God, connect with others, enrich our lives, and be useful
in service to others.
We offer a variety of small groups that meet in people's homes, at the church, or in
donut shops. We encourage each group to study God's Word, worship, pray for one
another and have some fun together. We periodically offer program based groups like
Alpha, Experiencing Christ Together, Purpose Driven Base study and other good
quality discipleship material.
You can check out one of our existing small groups or become a member of a
completely new group. We start new groups of people seeking spiritual growth when
there is enough interest.
We offer teens an opportunity to deepen their faith in Christ, hang out with friends, serve Christ and have
some fun at the same time. There are various youth gatherings, social events, small group studies and
service opportunities organized each month.
We want teens:
- To know Christ and live as faithful, fearless Christ followers
- To know our gifts & talents and offer them in service to God helping others
- To belong to a Christ centered community that loves and accepts them
- To enjoy the life God gives them
Children's Sunday School
We offer a children's Sunday School program during our Sunday morning worship service for those age 2 - 13
years old. The main objectives of our Sunday School are:
- Provide each child with a safe, friendly, supportive place to learn about God with other children in their
age group. We use God's Word and good, biblically based curriculum to help each child get to know
- To help each child know that God loves them and that they can put their trust in Him
- To be a resource for parents who desire to teach their children to love God through instruction and
example. It is our prayer that all children will develop personal faith in Jesus Christ.
Other Cool Ministries
College & Career Group: A fellowship of men in women in their 20's &
30's that want to develop a greater sense of belonging with others
seeking to deepen their faith and figure out how to live for Christ.
Adult Fellowship Group: Monthly fellowship events designed to deepen
friendships and have fun together. Road trips, concerts, dinners,
games nights, and other community gatherings.
Congregational Care: A team of volunteers who enrich our community
by living out the "priesthood of all believers". They visit the sick, offer
help where needed, provide emergency assistance, celebrate
significant events in people's lives, comfort those in crisis, and serve